The IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) is a scientific conference dedicated to mathematical, algorithmic, and computational aspects of biomedical imaging, across all scales of observation. It fosters knowledge transfer among different imaging communities and contributes to an integrative approach to biomedical imaging. ISBI 2020 will be held in Iowa City, Iowa, USA, April 3-7, 2020.
ISBI is a joint initiative from the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) and the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS). ISBI seeks proposals for tutorials, which should provide clear and focused material covering emerging topics in biomedical imaging, with a special focus on algorithmic tools. It is anticipated that three tutorials will be held, each of 3.5 hours duration, which includes a 30-minute coffee break in the middle.
Submission format: Tutorial proposals must be submitted as a single PDF file (not exceeding four pages excluding biosketches), which should contain:
- Title, outline, and the relevance to ISBI audience;
- Short description of the material to be covered (no more than 4000 characters);
- Contact information including name, affiliation, email, mailing address, and a two-page biosketch for each presenter;
- Description of the expected audience, especially prerequisite knowledge and skills;
- Description of the expected audience participation, especially whether hands-on computer (or other) work will be involved;
- Description of the coursepacks (including slides and other tutorial material) that will be provided to the audience in hardcopy and/or electronic format. All such material must be free from copyright issues.
Tutorials will take place on Friday, April 3.
Important Dates: Proposals should be submitted as soon as possible, as the proposals are being reviewed on a rolling basis, and no later than October 8, 2019. Final notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent by November 15th, 2019.